By now i guess everybody as figured out how impact-full COVID-19 is on his/her private life and i guess you have all noted tours and shows being canceled left right and center.
With that it is hopefully pretty clear to a regular connoisseur of music in recorded form and music in live form that without regular income bands, labels, promoters and clubs will struggle. Will financially not survive. Let one those people that work for them, often without a fixed contract, that will also loose work and thus income.
I’ll do the following:
- give direct money to my loveliest places
- order music direct from the bands
- not exchange tickets back to money for canceled shows
I can only urge you to do the same.
Contact your favorite club an ask how you can directly support them.
I am giving / already gave to
- Hafenklang (upfront, via a season ticket, plus a direct amount via Stiftung Private Musikbühnen Hamburg)
- Monkeys Music Club (as part of charity activity that summed up € 6.700,00 with few days that will be distributed via the Club Kombinat Hamburg)
- Punk Rock Raduno in Bergamo, as they are not only providing a free event but this year are spot-on in the heart of the Italian Corona Crisis. You can give via Pay Pal on their website. Be generous!
And for the rest be creative. Sell some records that you don’t listen to anyway and provide the turnover to your favorite club. Buy two records instead of one and give it to a friend who has less money than you.
And once the clubs can be open again, once bands can tour again – just buy: Tickets, drinks, merch – anything that gets money into the right hands.
Thank you, i love you.